Greenbelt Internet Access Cooperative
Annual Board Meeting – June 9, 1998
Conference Room, Greenbelt Police Station
M E E T I N G M I N U T E S
DIRECTORS: Carol Bailey, Ralph Bram, Jim Heagy, Doug Love, Neil McLeod, Chris Morris, Nancy Revis (Absent: Tom Crompton, Brian Schieber)
=== PRELIMINARIES ===
The 1998 Annual Board Meeting immediately followed the:
1. The meeting was called to order at 9:10pm, with Nancy Revis presiding.
=== LEADERSHIP TRANSITION ===
· At the start of the meeting there were no volunteers for the positions of President and Secretary. Tom Crompton had previously expressed his willingness to continue as Vice President. Chris Morris stated that he was willing to serve for another term as Treasurer.
· Discussion took place on how to run GIAC without a president. As the meeting unfolded, it was agreed that GIAC required a president to maintain normal operations. At this point, Nancy Revis stated that she would be willing to serve as President for another term. Jim Heagy said that he would be willing to serve as Secretary for another term, but would solicit the help of Jeff Silvis in carrying out some of the duties.
· Ralph Bram motioned for a vote by acclamation that officer positions be filled as follows:
President: Nancy Revis
Vice President: Tom Crompton
Secretary: Jim Heagy
Treasurer: Chris Morris
· The motion passed unanimously.
Some committee and other volunteer positions were filled (or reaffirmed):
Neil McLeod (chair)
Tom Crompton (chair)
Filling of other positions was tabled for the July Board Meeting.
=== CONCLUSION ===
· The next regular meeting will be held at 7:00pm on Thursday, July 2, in the conference room at the Greenbelt Police Station.
6. The meeting was adjourned at 9:50pm.
- 06/__/97 Posted
by Jim Heagy
- 05/15/00 Edited by Neil McLeod
- 09/01/05 Reformatted by Neil McLeod