GIAC Monthly Board Meeting - June 9, 2005 Greenbelt Police Station P R E L I M I N A R Y A G E N D A
=== PRELIMINARIES === 1. Call to order promptly at 7:00 PM a. Request by Neil McLeod to chair this meeting b. Assignment of Recording Secretary 2. Introduction of Directors, Members and Guests a. Explanation of rules to guests 3. Changes to Agenda [including this new format] a. Proposals (additions/deletions) and Approvals b. Approval of Final Agenda 4. Changes to Meeting Rules a. Proposals and Approvals - Agenda changes by late arrivals not allowed. - Repetition of discussions for late arrivals not allowed. - Off-topic comments and discussions not allowed. - Individual comments limited to 3 minutes (unless extended). - Topic discussions limited to 15 minutes (unless extended). - Unscheduled guest presentations limited to 3 minutes (unless extended). - Scheduled guest presentations limited to 15 minutes (unless extended). b. Approval of Final Rules === GUEST PRESENTATIONS === 5. Presentations by Unscheduled Guests [ __ minute limit ] 6. Presentations by Scheduled Guests [ ___ minute limit ] === MONTHLY REPORTS === 7. Secretary (Mary Camp) [acting] a. Approval of Meeting Minutes - Identification of all Minutes not finalized and approved b. Old Action Items c. New Action Items (proposed by Neil) - Take ownership of Secretary's webpages. - Email all available draft and final Minutes to Neil for posting. - Email all other page updates to Neil for posting. - Learn FTP. 8. Treasurer (Peggy Bates) a. Financial Report b. Membership Report - Dead members / Returned postcards? c. Old Action Items d. New Action Items (proposed by Neil) - Take ownership of Treasurer's webpages. - Email all page updates to Neil for posting. 9. Vice President (Mary Camp) a. Classes Report b. Old Action Items c. New Action Items (proposed by Neil) - Take ownership of Vice-President's webpages. - Email all page updates to Neil for posting. 10. President (Any Directors) [acting] a. Old Action Items - Changes to meeting rules. (Neil) - Recruiting for Principals and Committees. (Directors) - Update posted Board procedures per past minutes. (Neil) - Enforce Board procedures. (Directors) b. New Action Items (proposed by Neil) - Emphasize recruiting for Principals and Committees. - Obtain bank account signatory forms. (Neil) 11. System Administrator (Peggy Bates & Neil McLeod) a. Technical Support Activity Report b. Old Action Items - News Review network upgrade status. - Enable subscriber access to CP mailing lists. c. New Action Items - Take ownership of SysMan's webpages. - Email all page updates to Neil for posting. - Verify tools for managing user mailspace. 12. Webmaster (Neil McLeod) a. Old Action Items - Post procedural decisions made during Board Meetings. b. New Action Items - Take ownership of WebMan's webpages. - Continue solicitation of photographs for Community Gallery. - Continue solicitation of material for neighborhood webpages. - Upgrade GIAC Website format. 13. Director (Ed James) a. Old Action Items: b. New Action Items: - Take ownership of WiFi project. 14. Director (Anne Andersen) a. Orientation (Directors) b. New Action Items: - Take ownership of project. 15. Director (Phil Brandis) a. Orientation (Directors) b. New Action Items: - Take ownership of project. 16. Audit Committee (Mary Camp) [acting] a. Old Action Items: b. New Action Items: 17. ISP Committee (Neil McLeod) [acting] a. Old Action Items - Develop and propose new service offerings (mailing lists, etc.). b. New Action Items: 18. Legal Committee (Neil McLeod) [acting] a. Old Action Items: - Review and update legal documents. - Review contents of Legal Committee folder. b. New Action Items: - Complete Registered Agent change forms. - Finalize Articles update proposal to Members. - Complete Articles filing to Maryland. - Finalize Bylaws update proposals to Members. - Complete tax-exempt application to IRS. 19. Membership Committee (Neil McLeod) [acting] a. Old Action Items: b. New Action Items: === OLD BUSINESS === 20. Items Tabled or Carried Over from Previous Meetings === NEW BUSINESS === 21. Additions to Agenda: a. Discussion of possible DSL service offering b. ________________________________________________________________________ c. ________________________________________________________________________ d. ________________________________________________________________________ === CONCLUSION === 22. Voice Mail Roster Jun 05 - Jun 11 Ed James Jun 12 - Jun 18 Mary Camp Jun 19 - Jun 25 TBD Jun 26 - Jul 02 TBD Jul 03 - Jul 09 TBD Jul 10 - Jul 16 TBD 23. Location and Time of Next Meeting 24. Close Meeting