GREENBELT INTERNET ACCESS COOPERATIVE

Monthly Board Meeting April 11, 2002

MEETING MINUTES


Present: Peggy Bates, Mary Camp, Gilbert Lee, Doug Love, Leonie Penney Members: Ed James

1. Meeting called to order at 7:10 PM

2. Additional issues to agenda: - Removal of inactive Directors - Special request from Mayor

3. Agenda approved (Peggy Bates moved, Doug Love seconded, unanimous approval)

4. Secretary Report (Leonie Penney) - Leonie distributed the minutes of the March 14, 2002, Board Meeting. Some minor changes were suggested and incorporated. They were reviewed and approved (Peggy Bates moved, Gil Lee seconded, unanimous approval).

5. Vice President Report (Mary Camp) UPCOMING CLASSES - Friday, April 19, Community Center Senior Classroom, 7:00-8:30 PM - Mary: "Basics of Computer Viruses" - Third week in May (date TBD) - "Ask the Experts" MEMBER SUPPORT - Marianne Olah is now set up correctly. - Mary Camp will go Saturday to Abbie Weiner to get rid of NetZero in registry. LAPTOP REPORT - Mary will buy a laptop in May.

6. Treasurer Report (Peggy Bates) FINANCIAL REPORT - Net income for March: $118.93 - Net income to date for 2002: $412.74 MEMBERSHIP REPORT - We have 98 members and 64 connection accounts. - Added one (Hanna) removed two (Nancy Allen, Andrew Levin). - Nancy Revis is leaving next month.

7. System Administrator report (Anne Andersen) - BooNet was down within the last two weeks. Ed James called and BooNet was aware of the problem and working on it.

8. President Report (Gilbert Lee) - Nothing to report beyond Articles of Incorporation, to be covered later.

9. Special Projects ANNUAL MEETING - Went over the Annual Meeting preparation checklist and set up a meeting on April 25 to prepare the agenda and to prepare the membership mailing. - Action items: - Gil: Reserve first Tuesday in June (June 4) for the Annual Meeting. - Gil: Determine who is coming and who is going with respect to Directors - Mary: Send an Annual Meeting message to the membership regarding nominees for Directors. - Gil: Find stock postcards to stick into printer and deliver to Peggy. - Peggy: Find Minutes and Actions Items from last year's Annual Meeting and send around. - Gil: Check out the trophy store. NEW WEBMAIL SOFTWARE - Jim Bates will look into setting up the WebMail professional version to include mailboxes, etc., after he gets Linux up and running on his own computer. GIAC ONLINE APPLICATION FORM - Anne Andersen was going to work on an application form for GIAC. Haven't heard from her. GIAC LOGO - Peggy will call Maureen Gaffney about promotional products to see if she can join us for the next meeting. - Mary will bring a catalog with products we could put the logo on.

10. Audit Committee Report (Doug Love) - Met April 1, 2002. Need to write report. - Gil is working on the GIAC Audit for Idiots. - Still need to audit handling of new members and resignations with respect to member equity transactions. - Next meetings on April 15 and April 22, 7:30 PM, at Peggy's house.

11. Legal Committee Report (Doug Love) TAX-EXEMPT INITIATIVE - Doug is trying to put together the application for GIAC for 501c status. - Doug will make a copy of the 501c application from the Astronomy Club and give it to Peggy so she can gather the financial information needed for our application. ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION UPDATE - Each monthly meeting we will review part of the Articles of Incorporation to further the tax exempt initiative. - Reviewed Articles I and II in the draft. There are minor typographical errors that Gil Lee will fix. (Peggy Bates moved to accept the first two articles as amended, Doug Love seconded, unanimous approval.)

12. Voice Mail Duties (301-419-8044) - Gil: Mar 31 - Apr 6 - Doug: Apr 7 - Apr 13 - Anne: Apr 14 - Apr 20 - Mary: Apr 21 - Apr 27 - Leonie: Apr 28 - May 4 - Peggy: May 5 - May 11 - Gil: May 12 - May 18

13. Additional Issues REMOVAL OF INACTIVE DIRECTORS - Karl Grotke has missed three consecutive meetings and no longer has an active email account. (Gil Lee moved Karl Grotke be removed as a Director for non-performance of duties, seconded by Peggy Bates, unanimous approval.) - Anne Andersen has missed two consecutive meetings with no notice. Gil will call Anne and put her on notice that she is on probation as a Director. 2001 ANNUAL MEETING ACTION ITEMS - There were action items from last year's Annual Meeting that are still pending. Peggy will find the minutes and report on what the items from last year were. GREENRIDGE HOUSE - The Mayor of Greenbelt (J Davis) told Doug Love that Greenridge House may need the help of Greenbelt.com. Greenridge House is getting a high-speed line to allow Internet access for its residents and may need help in getting online. - We might be asked for help in giving classes to Greenridge residents.

14. The meeting was closed at 9:10 PM.

*********************************************************************

SUMMARY OF ACTION ITEMS Gil: Check on room reservations at the Police Station through the rest of the year. Mary: Select the "Ask the Expert" class date. Mary: Send an email to membership soon, asking for questions about software applications. Mary: Plan the format of the "Ask the Expert" class. Mary: Buy the laptop in May. Gil: Work on "GIAC Audit for Idiots" guidelines. Peggy: Send JPEG logo to Mary. Peggy: Call Maureen Gaffney about promotional items for GIAC. See if Maureen is available for next meeting on May 9, 2002. Mary: Bring the catalog with promotional products to next meeting. Doug: Make a copy of the 501c application and give to Peggy so she can gather the financial information needed for our application. Gil: Call Anne and put her on notice that she is on probation as a Director.

SUMMARY OF ANNUAL MEETING ACTION ITEMS All: Meeting on April 25, 7:30 PM, at Peggy's house for work on the agenda and the mailing to the membership. Gil: Reserve first Tuesday in June (June 4) for the Annual Meeting. Gil: Determine who is coming and who is going with regard to Directors. Mary: Annual Meeting message to the membership regarding nominees for Directors. Gil: Find stock postcards to stick into printer. Peggy: Find Minutes and Action Items from last year's Annual Meeting and send around. Gil: Check out the trophy store.

*********************************************************************


Respectfully submitted, Leonie Penney Secretary May 16, 2002