GIAC
Monthly Board Meeting
May 8, 2003. Greenbelt Police Station
MINUTES

Present:

Board members: Gilbert Lee, Peggy Bates, Mary Camp, Douglas Love, Alexander Barnes, and Leonie Penney. Anne Andersen came later

=== PRELIMINARIES ===

1. Call to order at 7:08 PM

2. Additional Issues to Agenda

12-a: Greenbelt Resource Advocate

12-b: Projector

3. Approval of Agenda

Agenda was unanimously approved (Peggy moved, Doug seconded)

=== Monthly Reports ===

4. Secretary report (Leonie )

Amended Minutes were unanimously approved (Peggy moved, Gil seconded)

5. Action Items from last month (Leonie)

Carried over (Peggy to delete Mailroom on our Website)

6. Vice President report (Mary)

Classes:

7 people attended the April 25 class on Graphics. Mary used the laptop with a projector.

There were some problems, but Alexander knows how to solve these and will show Mary.

No class in May.

Leonie mentioned the need for an instructor for a Senior Class in Green Ridge House.

Mary will be glad to give that class.

Audit Committee:

Mary, Lee and Alexander will meet with Peggy at Peggy's house May 17, 12 noon.

7. Treasurer report (Peggy)

Financial Report:

Peggy handed out a statement showing the Balance Sheet as of April 30, 2003 and

Profit & Loss statements for January through April 2003 and for April 2003.

We have made a Net Income of $ 1,256.91 during the first four months of the current year.

(1) We will give the members one month (June) rebate. Costs about $ 916.

Motion: "Credit each user as of June 1 the cost of service for the month of June"

Gil moved, Peggy seconded, unanimously approved.

(2) Mary reported on her Projector research. Found one for $ 1,300. This could be a

"bottom" purchase. She will continue her research.

(3) We will not get insurance but self-insure.

Membership Report:

We have 103 Members, 62 Connections and 2 e-mail only accounts (no change).

8. System Administrator report (Peggy)

Little response from Boonet.

Gil will pick up contact with Boonet over the cost of setting up Communigate, provided we can first look at it.

Doug is pleased to see his charges go up, as he is using more webspace.

9. Legal Committee (Gilbert)

Members have to be notified to review the Articles of Incorporation

Gil received from C. Lau a write-up of the Maryland Code: has to review it.

Gil has to call the lawyer, Dan Macy

10. Special Projects

a) New Web Mail Software: Communigate. Discussed (see 8 above).

b) GIAC Web Application: no progress

c) Annual Meeting Preparations:

* Annual Meeting will take place on June 3.

* Doug moved, Peggy seconded, to spend $ 100 on Refreshments. Unanimously approved.

* Gil will pick up from Peggy the Address Database in Access.

* Leonie will buy 103 postcard stamps.

* Whoever is free will join Peggy on May 17 at 12, noon, to put the stamps on the cards

* Mary will prepare article for the News Review for May 22 and May 29

d) Next meetings: following Annual Meeting, then June 12

11. Voice Mail Duties (301-419-8044)

Donít forget to check out GIAC at Greenbelt.com !!!

Peggy: May 4 - 10

Alexander: May 11 - 17

Anne: May 18 - 24

Gil: May 25 - 31

Doug: Jun 1 - 7

Mary: Jun 8 - 14

Leonie: Jun 15 - 21

12. Additional Issues

A. - Senior class in Green Ridge House. See under 6 above.

B. - Purchase of Projector: see under 7 (2) above

13. Action Items:

All: finish annual meeting preparations

Mary: research on projector

Gil: negotiate with Boonet cost of adding Communigate

Peggy: delete Mailroom on our Website

14. Closed meeting at 8:40 pm.

Respectfully submitted,
Leonie Penney, Secretary