GIAC

Monthly Board Meeting

March 11, 2004. Police Station

MINUTES

 

Present: Board members: Douglas Love (Chair), Alexander Barnes, Peggy Bates, Mary Camp, Ed James & Neil McLeod

 

=== PRELIMINARIES ===

 

The meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM

 

The agenda was approved unanimously.

 

The minutes of the February (12th) meeting were approved unanimously.

 

 

=== Monthly Reports ===

 

Treasurerís Report (Peggy Bates)

††† * 58 dial up members, l new member, lost none in February.

††† * Income exceeded expenditures by $30.39 in February for a year-to-date of $749.

 

Vice Presidentís Report (Mary Camp)

††† * Approximately 8 people attended the Webmail class on 2/26 (Thu).

††† * The next class is scheduled for 3/31(Wed); it will be on Inexpensive Graphics Software.

 

Presidentís Report (Doug Love)

††† * Bank signature card with Vice President included as a signatory done.

 

System Administratorís Report (Peggy Bates)

††† * Peggy working with Jim Hudson on move of email to Delmarva server and website name

†††††† issues.

 

Webmsterís Report (Neil McLeod)

††† * Thanked the members present for work they have done for GIAC over the years.

††† * Voiced concerns about services and customer service given GIAC by past and new ISPís.

††† * Proposed possible course of action for GIAC to take to meet membersí service and cost

†††††† needs if when the transition is complete Delmarva proves to be unsatisfactory.

 

Directorís Report (Ed James)

††† * Only 2 responses to ďNews ReviewĒ request for WiFi volunteers.

††† * Will look into small demo WiFi network, possibly with own and Peggy Batesí court, or in

††††††† The New Deal Cafe during Labor Day festival, or outdoors in the Center.

 

Directorís Report (Alexander Barnes)

††† * Worked with Mary Clark on DSL from Delmarva.

 

 

=== OLD BUSINESS ===

 

Legal Committee (Doug Love)

††† * Worked with Leonie Penney to gather News Review items about GIAC activities to file

††††††† with tax exempt documents.

 

Audit committee

††† * Peggy Bates gave the committee the files to audit so the committee can meet at their

†††††† convenience. Mary Camp will contact Gilbert Lee to set up another meeting.

 

ISP committee

††† * Doug Love will email members requesting ISP volunteers.

 

Other

††† * Peggy Bates will email the board the To-do list for the annual meeting.

 

Next Meeting

††† * 7:00 p.m. on April 8th at the Greenbelt police station.

 

Voice Mail Roster: Donít forget to check out GIAC@greenbelt.com !!!

††† * Mar. 07 - Mar. 13†† Douglas Love

††† * Mar. 14 - Mar. 20†† Neil McLeod

††† * Mar. 21 - Mar. 27†† Ed James

††† * Mar. 28 - Apr. 03††† Leonie Penney

††† * Apr. 04 - Apr. 10††† Alexander Barnes

††† * Apr. 11 - Apr. 17††† Mary Camp

 

Action Items

††† * Peggy Bates - email annual meeting To-do list to board.

††† * Mary Camp - schedule audit committee meeting, arrange April class with Neil McLeod.

††† * Ed James - update annual meeting and next meeting agendas.

††† * Doug Love - email members asking for ISP volunteers.

††† * Neil McLeod - link to dialer for the annual meeting

 

The meeting adjourned at 8:50pm

 

Respectfully submitted,

Mary Camp