Monthly Board Meeting
June 09, 2004. Police Station
Present: Douglas Love (Chair), Peggy Bates, Mary Camp, Ed James & Neil McLeod, Mr. Fishburne, two mediators from the PG County Office of Community Relations.
=== Preliminaries ===
The meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM
The agenda was approved unanimously. (EJ moved, NM seconded)
=== Visitor Presentations ===
Mr. Fishburne asked about WiFi for New Deal Café. WiFi is EJ’s project. The two of them will discuss this outside of the meeting.
Mediators explained the services they provide and worked with the Board for a while as the Board discussed GIAC principals’ duties, attempts to expand GIAC and contentions.
=== Monthly Reports ===
Secretary (Mary Camp, Acting)
* The minutes of the May 13 meeting were approved unanimously. (EJ moved, NM seconded)
Treasurer (Peggy Bates)
* change in membership – lost 2 member, one moved, the other changed to broadband service.
* need for new membership kits to be printed after prices have been decided.
Vice President’s Report (Mary Camp)
* will hold the Open House class planning session the last week of June.
* need to email users about classes and requests for volunteers.
President’s Report (Doug Love)
* Annual meeting on June 1, 2004 was a success. Refreshments provided by Elizabeth Hubley were
especially appreciated by the Board.
* request to the community for legal expertise – will investigate lawyer interns at UMD.
System Administrator’s Report (Peggy Bates and Neil McLeod)
*spam filtering status – is Spamsoap needed? Need information of ISP filtering.
* two new mailing lists – GIAC officers and directors; all GIAC mailboxes + webman and sysman.
* Trouble ticket reporting system – status.
* discussion of new Services and Rates.
* other items on agenda put off for Service Rate discussion.
Webmster’s Report (Neil McLeod)
* items reported in Sysman report.
Director’s Report (Ed James)
* will write up agenda for next Board Meeting on Wednesday July 8th and insert item between
‘Approval of Agenda’ and ‘Monthly Reports’ for visitor presentations.
=== Old Business ===
Legal Committee (Doug Love)
* No committee report (see President’s report above).
* Mary Camp reported committee has not finished. A member volunteered to help at the Annual Mtg
* next year’s committee needs to be in place by November so that report is done by March 15th
=== New Business ===
* need for a person to be the volunteer coordinator.
=== Conclusion ===
* 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday July 8 th at the Greenbelt police station.
Voice and Email Roster: Don’t forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com
* Jun 06 – Jun 12 Ed James
* Jun 13 – Jun 19 Ed James for Mary Camp
* Jun 20 – Jun 26 Doug Love
* Jun 27 – Jul 03 Neil McLeod
* Jul 04 – Ju1 10 Ed James
* Peggy Bates –
* Mary Camp – schedule Open House planning session & email members, continue with audit, write
and send draft June minutes to the Board.
* Ed James – compile next Board meeting agenda include ‘Visitor Presentation’ item.
* Doug Love –
* Neil McLeod –
The meeting adjourned at 10:26 PM approved unanimously. (DL moved, EJ seconded)