Monthly Board Meeting
September 9, 2004. Greenbelt Police Station
Present: Doug Love (Chair), Mary Camp, Peggy Bates, Ed James
=== Preliminaries ===
The meeting was called to order at 7:09 PM
The modification/approval to agenda approved unanimously. (EJ moved, DL seconded)
=== Visitor Presentations ===
Phillip Brandis – Interested in GIAC services
=== Monthly Reports ===
Secretary (Mary Camp, Acting)
* Approval of the August 12 th minutes (DL moved, EJ seconded) Approval of the July 8th meeting
minutes to be reviewed and email vote.
Treasurer ( Peggy Bates )
* financial report – $21.73 balance to date. Voicemail bill paid.
* change in membership – lost one member, gained one member.
Vice President’s Report (Mary Camp)
* Gave membership kits and package of GIAC pencils to board members.
* Class planned for October on ftp, email and webmail will use internet access.
President’s Report (Doug Love, Acting)
* Labor Day activity results – gave out 8 membership kits and many pencils with rate information.
* Gilbert Lee donated his tent to GIAC.
System Administrator’s Report (Peggy Bates)
* need to evaluate and make recommendations on Squirrel mail when available.
* Ed needs access to webspace program to test domains that Neil would setup.
Webmster’s Report (Neil McLeod – Absent)
Director’s Report (Ed James)
* will write up agenda for next Board Meeting on Thursday October 14th.
* interested in packet radio for use with WiFi.
=== Old Business ===
Legal Committee (Doug Love)
* no report.
* no report.
=== New Business ===
* Doug Love reported that GATE is getting DSL for themselves. They are considering sharing if we
would pay, but are asking too much for the small amount of time GIAC would use it.
=== Conclusion ===
* no evaluation.
* 7:00 p.m. on Thursday October 14th at the Greenbelt police station.
Voice and Email Roster: Don’t forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com
* Sep 05 – Sep 11 Mary Camp
* Sep 12 – Sep 19 Doug Love
* Sep 19 – Sep 25 Neil McLeod
* Sep 26 – Oct 02 Ed James
* Oct 03 – Oct 09 Mary Camp
* Peggy Bates – send Phillip Brandis’ check for memebership to Neil.
* Mary Camp – give Staples receipts to Peggy; email July minutes; write and send draft September
minutes to the Board.
* Ed James – get in touch with Neil about Squirrel mail and Perl script; compile next Board meeting
* Doug Love – no items.
* Neil McLeod – absent.
The meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM approved unanimously. (EJ moved, DL seconded)