Greenbelt Internet Access Cooperative
Monthly Board Meeting – January 13, 2005
Conference Room, Greenbelt Police Station
M E E T I N G M I N U T E S
DIRECTORS: Mary Camp, Ed James, Doug Love, Neil McLeod
OFFICERS: Peggy Bates
GUESTS: Kyla Hanington, Stefan Ivarsson
=== PRELIMINARIES ===
1. Meeting called to order at 7:10pm. (Mary Camp)
2. Approval of Agenda (DL moved, EJ seconded, unanimous approval)
=== GUEST PRESENTATIONS ===
3. Kyla Hanington and Stefan Ivarsson explained their proposal to establish a Greenbelt International Family Network (GRIFN) website and gave a demo of several pages. Ms. Hanington will join GIAC to acquire mailbox and webspace while working on the site. When the City recognizes GRIFN as a non-profit, GIAC will donate the mailbox and webspace.
=== MONTHLY REPORTS ===
4. Secretary (Mary Camp) [acting]
· Approval of meeting minutes
- December 9 meeting – Minor corrections to produce final minutes. (DL moved, EJ seconded, unanimous approval)
5. Treasurer (Peggy Bates)
· Financial report
- Being updated. Expect profit for 2004 to be negative.
· Membership report
- 47 dial-up accounts and 8 non-connection accounts. Total of 90 members.
6. Vice President (Mary Camp)
· Planning to have a class in February.
· Email members about Adobe Reader 7.0 and Thunderbird email program updates available, put in link to download sites.
· Check with city to see if GIAC is registered for this year.
7. President (Doug Love) [acting]
· Non-profit organization support. Not done, will work on this weekend.
· New Deal Cafe WiFi status. Has not checked. Thanked by Board for letter in Greenbelt News Review about WiFi.
· Still need sign at cafe that WiFi is GIAC sponsored.
8. System Administrator (Peggy Bates / Neil McLeod)
· Discussion of subscriber access to mailing lists - sophisticated with many options. Discussed method and price to create, add moderator and users to list.
· No outstanding problems.
9. Webmaster (Neil McLeod)
· Behind on updating GIAC web pages.
· Verified list in People directory.
· Still working on upgrading News Review 's network speed and adding DSL connection. News Review will drop Greenbelt.com dial up when DSL is working.
· Has new digital camera, plans for more photos to web pages.
10. Director (Ed James)
· New Deal Cafe WiFi is up and down. Has checked with Dorian Winterfeld about how it is working.
· Waiting for Neil to finish with News Review before able to meet on disk usage script.
· Will write up agenda for February 10 Board meeting.
11. Audit Committee (Mary Camp) [acting]
· All but last item done for 2003 audit and then have the report to write.
· No volunteers for 2004 audit committee. Mary will do all of 2004 audit, but someone will need to audit her account.
=== OLD BUSINESS ===
=== NEW BUSINESS ===
=== CONCLUSION ===
14. Voice/Email Roster Don't forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com
Jan 09 - Jan 15 Neil McLeod
Jan 16 - Jan 22 Ed James
Jan 23 - Jan 29 Mary Camp
Jan 30 - Feb 05 Doug Love
Feb 06 - Feb 12 Neil McLeod
15. Action Items
· Peggy Bates: Send latest contacts PDF to all, accounts database to Neil; classified ad for News Review about @greenbelt.com address and New Deal hot spot; make questionnaire on service; mail check to Centerway.
· Mary Camp: Finish audit; give receipts to Peggy; summary of classes for year to Peggy; send email to members about updated programs and date for all corrections to members' 2004 journal, check GIAC's status with city; correct December minutes, write draft January minutes, send both to the Board.
· Ed James: Schedule meeting with Neil to work on Perl program; compile next Board meeting agenda.
· Doug Love: Prepare non-profit organization support material.
· Neil McLeod: Continue work with News Review on networking their DSL connection; finish testing mailing lists and post approved rates; set up Control Panel test account edjames.com.
16. Scheduled Meetings
· Monthly Meeting: 7:00pm, Thursday, February 10, at Greenbelt Police Station
17. Meeting adjourned at 9:00pm.
- 03/07/05 Posted by Mary Camp
- 09/01/05 Edited & reformatted by Neil McLeod