Greenbelt Internet Access Cooperative

Monthly Board Meeting – February 10, 2005

Conference Room, Greenbelt Police Station

 

M E E T I N G   M I N U T E S

 

DIRECTORS:   Mary Camp, Ed James, Doug Love (arrived 7:45) (Absent: Neil McLeod)

OFFICERS:     Peggy Bates

 

=== PRELIMINARIES ===

 

1.      Meeting called to order at 7:10pm. (Mary Camp)

 

2.      Approval of Agenda [no quorum]

 

=== GUEST PRESENTATIONS ===

 

=== MONTHLY REPORTS ===

 

3.      Secretary (Mary Camp)

·         Approval of meeting minutes

-         January 13 meeting – Will make minor corrections to draft minutes and approve at March meeting

 

4.      Treasurer (Peggy Bates)

·         Financial report

-         January net income negative due to extra for wireless support at New Deal Café (NDC) and GIAC ad in Greenbelt News Review (GNR).

-         Balance Sheet – January 31, 2005

-         Profit & Loss – January 31, 2005

·         Membership report

-         Passed out latest membership list.  47 dial-up accounts and 8 non-connection accounts.  Total of 90 members.

-         Membership Report – January 31, 2005

·         Placed ad about GIAC in GNR, had 3 requests for membership kits from it.

 

5.      Vice President (Mary Camp)

·         Planning to have a class in late March on Firefox and Thunderbird.

·         Emailed members about volunteering to teach classes and/or send ideas – no response at this time.

·         Emailed members about Adobe Reader 7.0 and Thunderbird email program updates available, put in link to download sites.

·         Contacted Community Center about GIAC’s city recognition for 2005.  Told to check in March/April.

·         Sent membership kits to 3 people who requested them.

·         Gave Peggy list of 2004 classes and receipts for Mary’s GIAC purchases over the last few years.

·         Downloaded new driver that may fix problem the laptop has working with the projector.  

 

6.      President [vacant]

 

7.      System Administrator (Peggy Bates)

·         No outstanding problems.

·         WiFi at NDC is up and running.  Gave NDC signs showing that WiFi is sponsored by GIAC - signs have not been posted yet.

 

8.      Webmaster (Neil McLeod) [absent]

 

9.      Director (Ed James)

·         New Deal Café replaced their wireless router.

·         Waiting for Neil to finish with News Review before able to meet on disk usage script.

·         Will write up agenda for March 10 Board meeting.

 

10.  Director (Doug Love)

·         Non-profit organization support discussion – not done, will finish by March 1.

 

11.  Audit Committee (Mary Camp) [acting]

·         All but last item done for 2003 audit and then have the report to write.

 

12.  Legal Committee (Neil McLeod) [acting]

·         Old action items

·         New action items

 

=== OLD BUSINESS ===

 

13.  None

 

=== NEW BUSINESS ===

 

14.  Additions to Agenda

·         Discussed motion put before the Board in an email by Neil McLeod.  No quorum for a vote.

·         Ed will take on Doug’s voice/email weeks.

·         Discussed creating and posting on GIAC home page the membership forms as PDF files.  Mary will make the files for Peggy.

·         Discussed updating GIAC webpage layout, tentative meeting date March 12 or 19 at Police station for this.

·         Discussed revising GIAC Officer and Director duties to reflect empty positions.

·         Discussed creating a list of specific, short-term items that members can volunteer to do.  Would put list on GIAC website.

 

=== CONCLUSION ===

 

15.  Voice/Email Roster     Don't forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com

Feb 06 – Feb 12   Neil McLeod

Feb 13 - Feb 19   Ed James

Feb 20 - Feb 26   Mary Camp

Feb 27 - Mar 05   Ed James

Mar 06 - Mar 12   Neil McLeod

 

16.  Action Items from Today's Meeting

·         Peggy Bates:  Send latest contacts PDF to all, accounts database to Neil; make questionnaire on service; see if mailed check to Centerway; email Board when available for webpage update meeting.

·         Mary Camp:  Finish audit; make PDF files from membership forms; get Firefox user manual for class; check with Neil about WiFi card for the laptop; install new video driver on laptop and see if that will fix laptop/projector problem; and correct January minutes, write draft February minutes, send both to the Board.

·         Ed James:  Schedule meeting with Neil to work on Perl program; schedule Police Station meeting room for monthly Board meetings for rest of the year; also reserve room for web page update meeting; compile next Board meeting agenda.

·         Doug Love:  Prepare non-profit organization support material and email to the Board by March 1.

·         Neil McLeod:  [absent]

 

17.  Scheduled Meetings

·         Monthly Meeting:  7:00pm, Thursday, March 10, at Greenbelt Police Station

-         Minutes of the Monthly Board Meeting – March 10, 2005

 

18.  Meeting adjourned at 8:22pm.

 

 

- 04/17/05 Posted by Mary Camp
- 09/01/05 Edited & reformatted by Neil McLeod