Greenbelt Internet Access Cooperative
Monthly Board Meeting – February 10, 2005
Conference Room, Greenbelt Police Station
M E E T I N G M I N U T E S
DIRECTORS: Mary Camp, Ed James, Doug Love (arrived 7:45) (Absent: Neil McLeod)
OFFICERS: Peggy Bates
=== PRELIMINARIES ===
1. Meeting called to order at 7:10pm. (Mary Camp)
2. Approval of Agenda [no quorum]
=== GUEST PRESENTATIONS ===
=== MONTHLY REPORTS ===
3. Secretary (Mary Camp)
· Approval of meeting minutes
- January 13 meeting – Will make minor corrections to draft minutes and approve at March meeting
4. Treasurer (Peggy Bates)
· Financial report
- January net income negative due to extra for wireless support at New Deal Café (NDC) and GIAC ad in Greenbelt News Review (GNR).
· Membership report
- Passed out latest membership list. 47 dial-up accounts and 8 non-connection accounts. Total of 90 members.
· Placed ad about GIAC in GNR, had 3 requests for membership kits from it.
5. Vice President (Mary Camp)
· Planning to have a class in late March on Firefox and Thunderbird.
· Emailed members about volunteering to teach classes and/or send ideas – no response at this time.
· Emailed members about Adobe Reader 7.0 and Thunderbird email program updates available, put in link to download sites.
· Contacted Community Center about GIAC’s city recognition for 2005. Told to check in March/April.
· Sent membership kits to 3 people who requested them.
· Gave Peggy list of 2004 classes and receipts for Mary’s GIAC purchases over the last few years.
· Downloaded new driver that may fix problem the laptop has working with the projector.
6. President [vacant]
7. System Administrator (Peggy Bates)
· No outstanding problems.
· WiFi at NDC is up and running. Gave NDC signs showing that WiFi is sponsored by GIAC - signs have not been posted yet.
8. Webmaster (Neil McLeod) [absent]
9. Director (Ed James)
· New Deal Café replaced their wireless router.
· Waiting for Neil to finish with News Review before able to meet on disk usage script.
· Will write up agenda for March 10 Board meeting.
10. Director (Doug Love)
· Non-profit organization support discussion – not done, will finish by March 1.
11. Audit Committee (Mary Camp) [acting]
· All but last item done for 2003 audit and then have the report to write.
12. Legal Committee (Neil McLeod) [acting]
· Old action items
· New action items
=== OLD BUSINESS ===
=== NEW BUSINESS ===
14. Additions to Agenda
· Discussed motion put before the Board in an email by Neil McLeod. No quorum for a vote.
· Ed will take on Doug’s voice/email weeks.
· Discussed creating and posting on GIAC home page the membership forms as PDF files. Mary will make the files for Peggy.
· Discussed updating GIAC webpage layout, tentative meeting date March 12 or 19 at Police station for this.
· Discussed revising GIAC Officer and Director duties to reflect empty positions.
· Discussed creating a list of specific, short-term items that members can volunteer to do. Would put list on GIAC website.
=== CONCLUSION ===
15. Voice/Email Roster Don't forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com
Feb 06 – Feb 12 Neil McLeod
Feb 13 - Feb 19 Ed James
Feb 20 - Feb 26 Mary Camp
Feb 27 - Mar 05 Ed James
Mar 06 - Mar 12 Neil McLeod
16. Action Items from Today's Meeting
· Peggy Bates: Send latest contacts PDF to all, accounts database to Neil; make questionnaire on service; see if mailed check to Centerway; email Board when available for webpage update meeting.
· Mary Camp: Finish audit; make PDF files from membership forms; get Firefox user manual for class; check with Neil about WiFi card for the laptop; install new video driver on laptop and see if that will fix laptop/projector problem; and correct January minutes, write draft February minutes, send both to the Board.
· Ed James: Schedule meeting with Neil to work on Perl program; schedule Police Station meeting room for monthly Board meetings for rest of the year; also reserve room for web page update meeting; compile next Board meeting agenda.
· Doug Love: Prepare non-profit organization support material and email to the Board by March 1.
· Neil McLeod: [absent]
17. Scheduled Meetings
· Monthly Meeting: 7:00pm, Thursday, March 10, at Greenbelt Police Station
18. Meeting adjourned at 8:22pm.
- 04/17/05 Posted by Mary Camp
- 09/01/05 Edited & reformatted by Neil McLeod