Greenbelt Internet Access Cooperative
Monthly Board Meeting - April 14, 2005
Conference Room, Greenbelt Police Station
M E E T I N G M I N U T E S
DIRECTORS: Mary Camp, Ed James, Neil McLeod
OFFICERS: Peggy Bates
GUESTS: Steve Kane
=== PRELIMINARIES ===
1. Meeting called to order at 7:09pm (Peggy Bates)
2. Approval of Agenda (EJ moved, NM seconded, unanimous approval)
=== GUEST PRESENTATIONS ===
3. Steve Kane: Attending to observe GIAC Board.
=== MONTHLY REPORTS ===
4. Secretary (Mary Camp) [acting]
· Approval of meeting minutes
- February 10 meeting - No changes were e-mailed. Will approve final minutes at May meeting.
- March 10 meeting - Draft minutes will be e-mailed on Saturday. E-mail any changes for final approval in May.
5. Treasurer (Peggy Bates)
· Financial report
- New Deal Cafe WiFi charge received.
- $216.02 profit projected for year-to-date.
· Membership report
- 46 dial-up accounts, 8 non-connection accounts. Gained one nonprofit website: Greenbelt Elementary School PTA. Total of 90 members.
6. Vice President (Mary Camp)
· Class on “Firefox and Thunderbird” or “Desktop Customization” in May.
· Figured out laptop/projector problem.
- Downloaded new driver to put on laptop, which should solve display problem.
7. President [vacant]
8. System Administrator (Peggy Bates / Neil McLeod)
· Significant support activity during past month. (Duty Directors)
- Helped two members install software and customize their computers. (Mary)
· Greenbelt News Review network upgrade. (Neil)
- Technical Meeting: Peggy, Mary, Ed, and Neil will meet at 7:30pm on Thursday, May 5, at Greenbelt News Review office to test WiFi signal range and strength with Linksys WRT54G router and standard 802.11g wireless card in laptop.
· Enable subscriber access to control panel mailing lists. (Neil) – No activity
9. Webmaster (Neil McLeod)
· Keep Community Website calendar up to date each week and month. - Ongoing
· Upgrade GIAC Website format.
- Upgrade will be based on March 19 design meeting notes.
- May need new logo design for redesigned GIAC webpages (and hats).
10. Director (Ed James)
· Upgrade Perl script program to determine disk usage.
- Still needs to schedule a CP orientation meeting with Neil.
- Neil also set up Ed’s access (CGIMan) to GREENBELT.COM /cgi directory.
· Will write up agenda for May 12 Board meeting.
11. Audit Committee (Mary Camp) [acting]
· All but last item done for 2003 audit and then have the report to write.
· Committee Meeting: 1:00pm on Saturday, May 7, at Peggy’s to complete 2003 audit report and start 2004 audit.
12. Legal Committee (Neil McLeod) [acting]
· Discussion of tax-exemption initiative. Ed gave Neil the folder he received from Doug Love.
· Need to find new resident agent for GIAC to replace Doug Love. – No activity
· Neil to get signature form for checkbook from Bank of America. – No activity
=== OLD BUSINESS ===
13. Prepare for Annual Meeting.
· Discussed bylaw change, who is up for election, food for the meeting, reserving the room and updating the online agenda.
· Special Meeting: All Directors will meet at 1:00pm, Saturday, May 14, at Peggy's to prepare for annual meeting.
=== NEW BUSINESS ===
14. Additions to Agenda
=== CONCLUSION ===
15. Voice/E-mail Roster Don't forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com
Apr 10 - Apr 16 Ed James
Apr 17 - Apr 22 Mary Camp
Apr 23 - Apr 30 Ed James
May 01 - May 07 Neil McLeod
May 08 - May 14 Ed James
16. Action Items from Today's Meeting
· Peggy Bates: Send latest contacts PDF to all; accounts database to Neil; make questionnaire on webmail service; see if check mailed to Centerway; get more postcards.
· Mary Camp: Finish audit; make PDF files from membership forms; buy wireless device for laptop; install new video driver on laptop; reserve rooms for May class & annual meeting; e-mail Elizabeth Hubley about food for annual meeting and send her CD; correct February minutes, write draft March and April minutes, e-mail to the Board.
· Ed James: Meet with Neil to work on Perl program; compile next Board meeting agenda.
· Neil McLeod: Amend committee bylaw; continue work on GNR network; meet with Ed; get Bank of America signature form; review nonprofit papers.
17. Scheduled Meetings
· Technical Meeting: 7:30pm, Thursday, May 5, at Greenbelt News Review
· Audit Committee: 1:00pm, Saturday, May 7, at Peggy Bates
· Monthly Meeting: 7:00pm, Thursday, May 12, at Greenbelt Police Station
· Special Meeting: 1:00pm, Saturday, May 14, at Peggy Bates
· Annual Meeting: 6:30pm, Tuesday, June 7, at Greenbelt Community Center
18. Meeting adjourned at 8:16pm.
- 04/17/05 Posted by Mary Camp
- 08/04/05 Edited & reformatted by Neil McLeod