GIAC Monthly Board Meeting - February 10, 2005
Conference Room, Greenbelt Police Station
M E E T I N G M I N U T E S
Present: Mary Camp (Acting Chair), Peggy Bates, Ed James, Doug Love (arrived at
=== Preliminaries ===
The meeting was called to order at 7:10 PM (no quorum).
=== Visitor Presentations ===
=== Monthly Reports ===
Secretary (Mary Camp, Acting)
* January 13 meeting minutes minor corrections will be made and approved at
Treasurer (Peggy Bates )
* financial report January net income negative due to extra for wireless
support at New Deal Cafe (NDC) and GIAC ad in Greenbelt NewsReview (GNR).
* passed out latest membership list.
* put ad about GIAC in GRN, had 3 requests for memebership kits from it.
* membership 47 dial-up accounts and 8 non-connection accounts. Total of
Vice President's Report (Mary Camp)
* planning to have a class in late March on Firefox and Thunderbird.
* emailed members about volunteering to teach classes and/or send ideas no
response at this time.
* emailed members about Adobe Reader 7.0 and Thunderbird email program
updates available, put in link to download sites.
* contacted Community Center about GIAC's city recognition for 2005. Told
to check in Mar/Apr.
* sent membership kits to 3 people who requested them.
* gave Peggy list of 2004 classes and receipts for Mary's GIAC purchases
over the last few years.
* downloaded new driver that may fix problem the projector has working with
President's Report (none)
System Administrator's Report (Peggy Bates)
* no outstanding problems.
* checked on Wi-Fi at NDC, it is up and running. Gave NDC signs that Wi-Fi
is sponsored by GIAC, have not been posted yet.
Webmaster's Report (Neil McLeod - absent)
Director's Report (Ed James)
* New Deal Caf‚ replaced their WAP.
* waiting for Neil to finish with News Review before able to meet on disk
* will write up agenda for Thursday March 10th board meeting.
Director's Report (Doug Love)
* non-profit organization support discussion not done, will finish by
=== Old Business ===
Audit committee (Mary Camp, Acting)
* all but last item done for 2003 audit and then have the report to write.
=== New Business ===
* discussed motion put before the Board in an email by Neil McLeod. No
quorum for a vote.
* Ed will take on Doug's Voice/Email weeks.
* discussed creating and posting on GIAC home page the membership forms as
PDF files. Mary will make the files for Peggy.
* discussed updating GIAC webpage layout, tentative date March 12 or 19 at
Police station for this.
* discussed revising GIAC Officer and Director duties to reflect empty
* discussed creating a list of specific, short term items that members can
volunteer to do. Would put list on GIAC web site.
=== Conclusion ===
Voice and Email Roster: Don't forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com
* Feb 13 Feb 19 Ed James
* Feb 20 Feb 26 Mary Camp
* Feb 27 Mar 05 Ed James
* Mar 06 Mar 12 Neil McLeod
* Mar 13 Mar 19 Ed James
* 7:00 p.m. on Thursday March 10th at the Greenbelt police station.
* Peggy Bates send latest contacts PDF to all; accounts database to Neil;
make questionnaire on service; see if mailed check to Centerway; email
Board when available for webpage update mtg.
* Mary Camp finish audit; make PDF files from membership forms; get
Firefox user manual for class; check with Neil about Wi-Fi card for the
laptop; install new video driver on laptop and see if that will fix laptop/
projector problem; find Norton Anti-virus 03 bill for Peggy; and correct
January minutes, write draft February minutes, send both to the Board.
* Ed James schedule meeting with Neil to work on Perl program; schedule
Police station meeting room for monthly Board meetings for rest of the
year; also reserve room for web page update meeting; compile next Board
* Doug Love prepare non-profit organization support material and email to
the Board by March 1.
* Neil McLeod absent
The meeting adjourned at 8:22 PM
April 17, 2005
[CLOSE WINDOW TO GO BACK]