GIAC Monthly Board Meeting - March 10, 2005 Conference Room, Greenbelt Police Station M E E T I N G M I N U T E S
Present: Peggy Bates, Mary Camp, Ed James, Neil McLeod === Preliminaries === The meeting was called to order at 7:03 PM (EJ moved, NM seconded). The agenda approved unanimously. (EJ moved, MC seconded). === Visitor Presentations === Steve Kane - visitor to observe GIAC board. Has overall computer background. Interested in ways to reach out to community, particularly getting older people on computers. === Monthly Reports === Secretary (Mary Camp, Acting) * January 13, 2005 final meeting minutes approved unanimously (EJ moved, MC seconded). * February 10, 2005 draft meeting minutes accepted. Email any changes. Treasurer (Peggy Bates ) * financial report negative $221 for February. Approximately negative $330 year to date. * membership 46 dial-up accounts, 8 non-connection accounts. Lost 1 member. Total of 89 members. Vice President's Report (Mary Camp) * plan to have a class on Firefox and Thunderbird in mid-April, as manual not available till March 23. * Discussed handling GIAC voice mail. If pickup message then put an email in GIAC subdirectory President's Report (none) System Administrator's Report (Peggy Bates and Neil McLeod) * subscriber access to control panel (CP) Neil started testing options to decide which to offer. * need to create a new all_principals address to reflect change in Board members. Old one is ok to use. Webmaster's Report (Neil McLeod) * Greenbelt News Review (GNR) network status have Linksys wireless and DSL now. * agreement in concept to access and review all photos submitted to GNR and to contact about putting on Greenbelt gallery. * website format is 800x600 and to add Java script. Director's Report (Ed James) * New Deal Cafe WiFi is stable. * Perl script Neil setup CP. Neil and Ed need to schedule meeting to work together on its use. * will write up agenda for Thursday April 14th board meeting. === Old Business === Audit committee (Mary Camp, Acting) * all but last item done for 2003 audit and then have the report to write. === New Business === * discussion of February 10th meeting. * non-profit organization support discussion. Doug Love gave Ed folders. Ed will be on legal committee. Neil will pick up folders from Ed. * need to find new resident agent for GIAC to replace Doug Love. * Neil to try to get form from Bank of America for new signatures list. * discussed accelerated dial-up. * discussed Greenbelt.com domain hosting setup fee. Will not charge to non- profits. * Neil will prepare amendment to bylaws for annual meeting vote. Will change number of members on a committee from three to one. * PB, EJ and NM will meet at Community Center to test GNR WiFi's signal range and strength. * meeting March 19th, 1:00 pm, at the Greenbelt police station to design new GIAC webpage layout. === Conclusion === Voice and Email Roster: Don't forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com Mar 06 - Mar 12 Neil McLeod Mar 13 - Mar 19 Ed James Mar 20 - Mar 26 Mary Camp Mar 27 - Apr 02 Ed James Apr 03 - Apr 09 Neil McLeod Apr 10 - Apr 16 Ed James Next Meeting * 7:00 p.m. on Thursday April 14th at the Greenbelt police station. Action Items * Peggy Bates send latest contacts PDF to all; accounts database to Neil; make questionnaire on service; see if mailed check to Centerway. * Mary Camp finish audit; make PDF files from membership forms; install new video driver on laptop; find Norton Anti-virus 2003 bill for Peggy; correct February minutes, write draft March minutes, send both to the Board. * Ed James schedule meeting with Neil to work on Perl program; compile next Board meeting agenda. * Neil McLeod amend committee bylaw; continue work on GNR network; meet with Ed. The meeting adjourned at 9:45 pm (EJ moved, NM seconded). Respectfully submitted, Mary Camp April 17, 2005 [CLOSE WINDOW TO GO BACK]