GIAC Monthly Board Meeting - March 10, 2005
Conference Room, Greenbelt Police Station
M E E T I N G M I N U T E S
Present: Peggy Bates, Mary Camp, Ed James, Neil McLeod
=== Preliminaries ===
The meeting was called to order at 7:03 PM (EJ moved, NM seconded).
The agenda approved unanimously. (EJ moved, MC seconded).
=== Visitor Presentations ===
Steve Kane - visitor to observe GIAC board. Has overall computer background.
Interested in ways to reach out to community, particularly getting older people
=== Monthly Reports ===
Secretary (Mary Camp, Acting)
* January 13, 2005 final meeting minutes approved unanimously (EJ moved, MC
* February 10, 2005 draft meeting minutes accepted. Email any changes.
Treasurer (Peggy Bates )
* financial report negative $221 for February. Approximately negative
$330 year to date.
* membership 46 dial-up accounts, 8 non-connection accounts. Lost 1
member. Total of 89 members.
Vice President's Report (Mary Camp)
* plan to have a class on Firefox and Thunderbird in mid-April, as manual
not available till March 23.
* Discussed handling GIAC voice mail. If pickup message then put an email in
President's Report (none)
System Administrator's Report (Peggy Bates and Neil McLeod)
* subscriber access to control panel (CP) Neil started testing options to
decide which to offer.
* need to create a new all_principals address to reflect change in Board
members. Old one is ok to use.
Webmaster's Report (Neil McLeod)
* Greenbelt News Review (GNR) network status have Linksys wireless and DSL
* agreement in concept to access and review all photos submitted to GNR and
to contact about putting on Greenbelt gallery.
* website format is 800x600 and to add Java script.
Director's Report (Ed James)
* New Deal Cafe WiFi is stable.
* Perl script Neil setup CP. Neil and Ed need to schedule meeting to work
together on its use.
* will write up agenda for Thursday April 14th board meeting.
=== Old Business ===
Audit committee (Mary Camp, Acting)
* all but last item done for 2003 audit and then have the report to write.
=== New Business ===
* discussion of February 10th meeting.
* non-profit organization support discussion. Doug Love gave Ed folders. Ed
will be on legal committee. Neil will pick up folders from Ed.
* need to find new resident agent for GIAC to replace Doug Love.
* Neil to try to get form from Bank of America for new signatures list.
* discussed accelerated dial-up.
* discussed Greenbelt.com domain hosting setup fee. Will not charge to non-
* Neil will prepare amendment to bylaws for annual meeting vote. Will change
number of members on a committee from three to one.
* PB, EJ and NM will meet at Community Center to test GNR WiFi's signal
range and strength.
* meeting March 19th, 1:00 pm, at the Greenbelt police station to design new
GIAC webpage layout.
=== Conclusion ===
Voice and Email Roster: Don't forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com
Mar 06 - Mar 12 Neil McLeod
Mar 13 - Mar 19 Ed James
Mar 20 - Mar 26 Mary Camp
Mar 27 - Apr 02 Ed James
Apr 03 - Apr 09 Neil McLeod
Apr 10 - Apr 16 Ed James
* 7:00 p.m. on Thursday April 14th at the Greenbelt police station.
* Peggy Bates send latest contacts PDF to all; accounts database to Neil;
make questionnaire on service; see if mailed check to Centerway.
* Mary Camp finish audit; make PDF files from membership forms; install
new video driver on laptop; find Norton Anti-virus 2003 bill for Peggy;
correct February minutes, write draft March minutes, send both to the
* Ed James schedule meeting with Neil to work on Perl program; compile
next Board meeting agenda.
* Neil McLeod amend committee bylaw; continue work on GNR network; meet
The meeting adjourned at 9:45 pm (EJ moved, NM seconded).
April 17, 2005
[CLOSE WINDOW TO GO BACK]