GIAC Monthly Board Meeting - April 14, 2005 Conference Room, Greenbelt Police Station M E E T I N G M I N U T E S
Present: Peggy Bates, Mary Camp, Ed James, Neil McLeod === Preliminaries === The meeting was called to order at 7:09 PM (EJ moved, NM seconded). The agenda approved unanimously. (EJ moved, NM seconded). === Visitor Presentations === Steve Kane - visitor to observe GIAC board. === Monthly Reports === Secretary (Mary Camp, Acting) * February 10, 2005 no changes emailed for final meeting minutes. Will approval at May meeting. * March 10, 2005 draft will be emailed on Saturday. Email any changes for final approval in May. Treasurer (Peggy Bates ) * financial report New Deal Cafe WiFi charge received. $216.02 profit projected for year to date. * membership 46 dial-up accounts, 8 non-connection accounts. Gained nonprofit website, Greenbelt Elementary School PTA. Total of 90 members. Vice President's Report (Mary Camp) * class on Firefox and Thunderbird or customizing Desktop in May. * helped two members with installing software and customizing their computers. * figured out laptop/projector problem. Downloaded new driver to put on laptop which should solve display problem. President's Report (none) System Administrator's Report (Peggy Bates and Neil McLeod) * subscriber access to control panel (CP) Neil busy no further progress at this time. Webmaster's Report (Neil McLeod) * Greenbelt News Review (GNR) network status still working on it. * keeping community website calendar up to date. * GIAC website update based on March 19th meeting won't do cascading web sheets for first cut. * need new logo design for website and hats. Director's Report (Ed James) * Perl script Neil setup CP. Neil and Ed need to schedule meeting to work together on its use. * will write up agenda for Thursday May 12th board meeting. == Old Business === Audit committee (Mary Camp, Acting) * all but last item done for 2003 audit and then have the report to write. Will meet at Peggy's on Saturday May 7th at 1:00pm to turn in 2003 audit and start 2004. === New Business === * non-profit organization support discussion Ed gave Neil the folders. * PB, MC, EJ and NM will meet at Community Center on Thursday May 5th at 7:30pm to test GNR WiFi's signal range and strength. * discussion of preparations for GIAC's annual meeting: bylaw change, who is up for election, food for the meeting, reserving room and updating the online agenda for the Board. * meeting Saturday May 14th, 1:00 pm, at Peggy's to prepare for annual meeting. === Conclusion === Voice and Email Roster: Don't forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com Apr 10 - Apr 16 Ed James Apr 17 - Apr 22 Mary Camp Apr 23 - Apr 30 Ed James May 01 - May 07 Neil McLeod May 08 - May 14 Ed James Next Meeting * 7:00 p.m. on Thursday May 12th at the Greenbelt police station. Action Items * Peggy Bates send latest contacts PDF to all; accounts database to Neil; make questionnaire on service; see if mailed check to Centerway; get more postcards. * Mary Camp finish audit; make PDF files from membership forms; buy wireless device for laptop install new video driver on laptop; reserve rooms for May class & annual mtg; email Elizabeth Hubley about food for annual mtg and send her CD; correct February minutes, write draft March and April minutes, email to the Board. * Ed James schedule meeting with Neil to work on Perl program; compile next Board meeting agenda. * Neil McLeod amend committee bylaw; continue work on GNR network; meet with Ed; get B of A signature form; review nonprofit papers. The meeting adjourned at 8:16 pm (NM moved, MC seconded). Respectfully submitted, Mary Camp April 17, 2005 [CLOSE WINDOW TO GO BACK]