GIAC Monthly Board Meeting - April 14, 2005
Conference Room, Greenbelt Police Station
M E E T I N G M I N U T E S
Present: Peggy Bates, Mary Camp, Ed James, Neil McLeod
=== Preliminaries ===
The meeting was called to order at 7:09 PM (EJ moved, NM seconded).
The agenda approved unanimously. (EJ moved, NM seconded).
=== Visitor Presentations ===
Steve Kane - visitor to observe GIAC board.
=== Monthly Reports ===
Secretary (Mary Camp, Acting)
* February 10, 2005 no changes emailed for final meeting minutes. Will
approval at May meeting.
* March 10, 2005 draft will be emailed on Saturday. Email any changes for
final approval in May.
Treasurer (Peggy Bates )
* financial report New Deal Cafe WiFi charge received. $216.02 profit
projected for year to date.
* membership 46 dial-up accounts, 8 non-connection accounts. Gained
nonprofit website, Greenbelt Elementary School PTA. Total of 90 members.
Vice President's Report (Mary Camp)
* class on Firefox and Thunderbird or customizing Desktop in May.
* helped two members with installing software and customizing their
* figured out laptop/projector problem. Downloaded new driver to put on
laptop which should solve display problem.
President's Report (none)
System Administrator's Report (Peggy Bates and Neil McLeod)
* subscriber access to control panel (CP) Neil busy no further progress at
Webmaster's Report (Neil McLeod)
* Greenbelt News Review (GNR) network status still working on it.
* keeping community website calendar up to date.
* GIAC website update based on March 19th meeting won't do cascading web
sheets for first cut.
* need new logo design for website and hats.
Director's Report (Ed James)
* Perl script Neil setup CP. Neil and Ed need to schedule meeting to work
together on its use.
* will write up agenda for Thursday May 12th board meeting.
== Old Business ===
Audit committee (Mary Camp, Acting)
* all but last item done for 2003 audit and then have the report to write.
Will meet at Peggy's on Saturday May 7th at 1:00pm to turn in 2003 audit
and start 2004.
=== New Business ===
* non-profit organization support discussion Ed gave Neil the folders.
* PB, MC, EJ and NM will meet at Community Center on Thursday May 5th at
7:30pm to test GNR WiFi's signal range and strength.
* discussion of preparations for GIAC's annual meeting: bylaw change, who is
up for election, food for the meeting, reserving room and updating the
online agenda for the Board.
* meeting Saturday May 14th, 1:00 pm, at Peggy's to prepare for annual
=== Conclusion ===
Voice and Email Roster: Don't forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com
Apr 10 - Apr 16 Ed James
Apr 17 - Apr 22 Mary Camp
Apr 23 - Apr 30 Ed James
May 01 - May 07 Neil McLeod
May 08 - May 14 Ed James
* 7:00 p.m. on Thursday May 12th at the Greenbelt police station.
* Peggy Bates send latest contacts PDF to all; accounts database to Neil;
make questionnaire on service; see if mailed check to Centerway; get more
* Mary Camp finish audit; make PDF files from membership forms; buy
wireless device for laptop install new video driver on laptop; reserve
rooms for May class & annual mtg; email Elizabeth Hubley about food for
annual mtg and send her CD; correct February minutes, write draft March
and April minutes, email to the Board.
* Ed James schedule meeting with Neil to work on Perl program; compile
next Board meeting agenda.
* Neil McLeod amend committee bylaw; continue work on GNR network; meet
with Ed; get B of A signature form; review nonprofit papers.
The meeting adjourned at 8:16 pm (NM moved, MC seconded).
April 17, 2005
[CLOSE WINDOW TO GO BACK]