GIAC Monthly Board Meeting - May 12, 2005 Conference Room, Greenbelt Police Station M E E T I N G M I N U T E S
Present: Peggy Bates, Mary Camp, Ed James, Neil McLeod === Preliminaries === The meeting was called to order at 7:06 PM. The agenda approved unanimously. (NM moved, EJ seconded). === Visitor Presentations === === Monthly Reports === Secretary (Mary Camp, Acting) * March 10, 2005 final - send email to vote on. * April 14, 2005 draft - send email to vote on. Treasurer (Peggy Bates ) * financial report - through April ?35.66 due to WiFi expenses. * membership - 90 members: 38 co-op only, 52 service accounts, 5 nonprofit website. Vice President's Report (Mary Camp) * class on Firefox and Thunderbird or customizing Desktop after June. * met with Neil on May 5th got WiFi working on laptop with Greenbelt News Review (GNR) network. * room reserved for Annual meeting. * will email Elizabeth Hubley about refreshments. * ask Abbie Weiner about Leonora Gooding and if Abbie will be secretary. President's Report (none) System Administrator's Report (Peggy Bates and Neil McLeod) * subscriber access to control panel (CP) mailing lists- Susan Taylor wants a mailing list for +100 addresses. * Motion: Greenbelt.com will create and maintain mailing lists for users at the following rate: set up the mailing list for up to 200 addresses $5; additional addresses up to 100 will be $1; maintain the list is $2 per month. (NM moved, EJ seconded) approved unanimously. Webmaster's Report (Neil McLeod) * will finish Annual Meeting pages by May 14th. * received permission to publish GNR photos on community website. * finishing the GNR network has been affected by window replacement at the Community Center. Director's Report (Ed James) * will write up agenda for Thursday June 9th board meeting. * Perl script disk usage program- Neil and Ed need to review spreadsheet together. === Old Business === Audit committee (Mary Camp, Acting) * all but last item done for 2003 audit and then have the report to write. Will meet at Peggy's on Sunday May 16th at 6:00pm to turn in 2003 audit and start 2004. === New Business === * discussion of preparations for GIAC's annual meeting: bylaw change, who is up for election, vacancies and recruiting members for the board. * meeting Saturday May 14th, 1:00 pm, at Peggy's to prepare for annual meeting. * publicize New Deal Café WiFi - Peggy will send Mary and Neil her flyer to review and post. === Conclusion === Voice and Email Roster: Don't forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com May 08 - May 14 Ed James May 15 - May 21 Mary Camp May 22 - May 28 Ed James May 29 - Jun 04 Neil McLeod Jun 05 - Jun 11 Ed James Next Meeting * 7:00 p.m. on Thursday June 9th at the Greenbelt police station. Action Items * Peggy Bates - send latest contacts PDF to all; accounts database to Neil; make questionnaire on service; get more postcards; make flyer about WiFi send to Mary and Neil. * Mary Camp - finish audit; make PDF files from membership forms; check new video driver on laptop; email Elizabeth Hubley about food for annual mtg and make her a CD; email March and April minutes to the Board; write draft May minutes. * Ed James - schedule meeting with Neil to work on Perl program; compile next Board meeting agenda. * Neil McLeod - amend committee bylaw; continue work on GNR network; meet with Ed; get B of A signature form; review nonprofit papers. The meeting adjourned at 9:05 pm (MC moved, EJ seconded). Respectfully submitted, Mary Camp August 8, 2005 [CLOSE WINDOW TO GO BACK]