GIAC Monthly Board Meeting - May 12, 2005
Conference Room, Greenbelt Police Station
M E E T I N G M I N U T E S
Present: Peggy Bates, Mary Camp, Ed James, Neil McLeod
=== Preliminaries ===
The meeting was called to order at 7:06 PM.
The agenda approved unanimously. (NM moved, EJ seconded).
=== Visitor Presentations ===
=== Monthly Reports ===
Secretary (Mary Camp, Acting)
* March 10, 2005 final - send email to vote on.
* April 14, 2005 draft - send email to vote on.
Treasurer (Peggy Bates )
* financial report - through April ?35.66 due to WiFi expenses.
* membership - 90 members: 38 co-op only, 52 service accounts, 5 nonprofit
Vice President's Report (Mary Camp)
* class on Firefox and Thunderbird or customizing Desktop after June.
* met with Neil on May 5th got WiFi working on laptop with Greenbelt News
Review (GNR) network.
* room reserved for Annual meeting.
* will email Elizabeth Hubley about refreshments.
* ask Abbie Weiner about Leonora Gooding and if Abbie will be secretary.
President's Report (none)
System Administrator's Report (Peggy Bates and Neil McLeod)
* subscriber access to control panel (CP) mailing lists- Susan Taylor wants
a mailing list for +100 addresses.
* Motion: Greenbelt.com will create and maintain mailing lists for users at
the following rate: set up the mailing list for up to 200 addresses $5;
additional addresses up to 100 will be $1; maintain the list is $2 per month.
(NM moved, EJ seconded) approved unanimously.
Webmaster's Report (Neil McLeod)
* will finish Annual Meeting pages by May 14th.
* received permission to publish GNR photos on community website.
* finishing the GNR network has been affected by window replacement at the
Director's Report (Ed James)
* will write up agenda for Thursday June 9th board meeting.
* Perl script disk usage program- Neil and Ed need to review spreadsheet
=== Old Business ===
Audit committee (Mary Camp, Acting)
* all but last item done for 2003 audit and then have the report to write.
Will meet at Peggy's on Sunday May 16th at 6:00pm to turn in 2003 audit and
=== New Business ===
* discussion of preparations for GIAC's annual meeting: bylaw change, who is
up for election, vacancies and recruiting members for the board.
* meeting Saturday May 14th, 1:00 pm, at Peggy's to prepare for annual
* publicize New Deal Café WiFi - Peggy will send Mary and Neil her flyer to
review and post.
=== Conclusion ===
Voice and Email Roster: Don't forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com
May 08 - May 14 Ed James
May 15 - May 21 Mary Camp
May 22 - May 28 Ed James
May 29 - Jun 04 Neil McLeod
Jun 05 - Jun 11 Ed James
* 7:00 p.m. on Thursday June 9th at the Greenbelt police station.
* Peggy Bates - send latest contacts PDF to all; accounts database to Neil;
make questionnaire on service; get more postcards; make flyer about WiFi send to
Mary and Neil.
* Mary Camp - finish audit; make PDF files from membership forms; check new
video driver on laptop; email Elizabeth Hubley about food for annual mtg and
make her a CD; email March and April minutes to the Board; write draft May
* Ed James - schedule meeting with Neil to work on Perl program; compile
next Board meeting agenda.
* Neil McLeod - amend committee bylaw; continue work on GNR network; meet
with Ed; get B of A signature form; review nonprofit papers.
The meeting adjourned at 9:05 pm (MC moved, EJ seconded).
August 8, 2005
[CLOSE WINDOW TO GO BACK]