CALL REFERRAL INSTRUCTIONS
- USER CANNOT CONNECT
- Call the user to get details (whatever the user wants to tell you). Tell him/her that the GIAC System Administrator will call back.
- Then report problem details to SysMan at firstname.lastname@example.org and to WebMan (SysMan's alternate) at email@example.com. One of these will contact the user to identify and resolve the problem.
- OTHER USER COMPLAINTS
- Call the user. Be sympathetic, but don't take any verbal abuse.
- Instruct the user to email complaint details to the President at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: "GIAC President - User Complaint".
- QUESTIONS ABOUT MONEY
- You are not expected to deal with money issues or to know the status of member accounts.
- Call the user. Instruct him/her to email money questions to the Treasurer at bates[at]greenbelt.com.
- QUESTIONS ABOUT MEMBERSHIP
- Call the prospect. Keep in mind that he/she may not already have Internet access somewhere else.
- Tell the prospect about Online Registration at greenbelt.com/giac. Ask if he/she would prefer to register online or receive a membership kit in the mail.
- If the latter, ask the prospect for a postal mailing address. Tell him/her that a membership kit will be mailed soon.
- Then you email the the prospect's membership kit request, detailing his/her postal mailing address and contact information, to the Vice President at campm[at]greenbelt.com.
- QUESTIONS ABOUT CLASSES
- LESSER EMERGENCIES
TO ENTER THE VOICE MAIL SYSTEM
- Call the GIAC voicebox number 301-419-8044.
- During the greeting, press [ * ] (asterisk), then key in the <passcode>. (Get the passcode from any GIAC Director or Officer.)
The system will announce how many messages are queued and how many of those are new messages that have not been heard.
Menu of SYSTEM OPTIONS:
End of SYSTEM OPTIONS.
- Press  to LISTEN TO MESSAGES.
- Press  to SEND MESSAGE (not activated).
- Press  for USER OPTIONS.
- Press  to EXIT, or simply hang up at any time.
SYSTEM OPTION  LISTEN TO MESSAGES
The system will play back messages in the GIAC voicebox.
After playing the last message, the system will return automatically to the menu of SYSTEM OPTIONS.
SYSTEM OPTION  SEND MESSAGE
This option has not been activated for GIAC use.
SYSTEM OPTION  USER OPTIONS
This option is to be used only by the GIAC voice mail administrator.
Menu of USER OPTIONS:
End of USER OPTIONS.
- Press  to CHANGE PERSONAL GREETING.
- Press  to CHANGE NAME ANNOUNCEMENT.
- Press  to CHANGE PASSCODE.
- Press  for MESSAGE NOTIFICATION (not activated).
- Press  for GROUP SETUP.
- Press  for PREVIOUS MENU.
- BYPASS THE GREETING: Press  to bypass the greeting.
- BYPASS VOICE PROMPTS: Press the desired command key to bypass voice prompts.
- REWIND AND FAST FORWARD: Press  to rewind playback by five seconds.
Press  to fast forward playback by five seconds.
- ACCIDENTAL DELETION: Deleted messages are still available during the same phone call.
Press  to replay a deleted message, or return to the menu of SYSTEM OPTIONS and press  to listen to messages.
After hanging up, deleted messages will no longer be available.