Prince George's County Names St. John's a Historic Site
St. John's Episcopal Church in Beltsville is sporting a shiny new plaque, courtesy of the Prince George's County Historic Preservation Commission. The plaque was presented to the church's senior warden Norm Jacob at a ceremony at Riversdale mansion honoring six new historic sites in the county.
St. John's was built in 1877, and is the third church on its site. Constructed in brick, the church is built in the late 19th-century Gothic Revival style. The church's cemetery is also noted for its history.
©1997 Heather Elizabeth Peterson